The Bruins are embarking on a short road trip as they face off against the Ottawa Senators on Monday night and the Pittsburgh Penguins Tuesday. The meeting against the Senators comes as just the second time of the season, the last being on the 28th of February where the two needed added minutes to distinguish a winner, the game-winning goal coming from Patrice Bergeron after being reviewed.
These two teams are meeting up for a total of five times this season and so far the Bruins are off to a great start, holding the first victory against the Sens. Despite being second in the Division and fourth in the Conference, the Bruins hold the best points average in the Division, playing the least amount of games compared to all of the other teams in the league. The Bruins are coming off of a strong and dominant first period victory against the Philadelphia Flyers that put them 3-0 for a final tally for their second straight victory.
The Senators are coming off of 3-2 victory against the New York Rangers, though are only 6-2-2 in their last ten games.
“We’ve been playing OK on the road, but we haven’t been playing with the killer instinct to get the win,” captain Daniel Alfredsson said. “We knew tonight the fifth game on the road, it would be a big boost for our team. I thought we did a good job laying it on the line in the third period.” (via sens.com)
- Brad Marchand is leading the Bruins in goals this season recording 10 goals this season from 41 shots on net.
- Tyler Seguin is on a hot streak as of late, recording five goals in as many games for the Bruins for a total of eight on the season. He may have started off slow but he is on fire now!
- Jordan Caron made his NHL debut of the season Saturday afternoon against the Flyers and recorded his first assist of the season.
- Daniel Paille played in his 400th career game this weekend (Thursday).
- Rich Peverley recorded his 200th career point on an assist in Saturday’s game.
The big question going into tonight’s match up is what happens when one of the best road teams meets up against the best home-ice teams in the league? Tune into NESN to find out at 7:00PM!